Saturday, January 17, 2015

Updates

It's a brand new year and we have so much to look forward too! 2014 was a really wonderful year for us and we have so much to be grateful for! 
Blair was so pleased with his final grades for last semester! His classes turned out to be a lot harder than he expected, but he did so well. I am so proud of him! He's looking forward to his new classes which started this last Monday. He still takes the train every day and it is so helpful! Blair has had a lot of opportunities to interview for new work. He's gotten a lot of positive feedback from each one, but unfortunately the jobs have gone to other people. He is very anxious to work somewhere else and to gain new experience, but he doesn't have a lot of time to offer to a new position right now. When he starts the Masters of Accounting program next winter he won't be able to work at all. It's made finding a new job really hard. He's been really grateful for the interview experience he's gained though and I feel like that's really important. We've got our fingers crossed for a job he interviewed for a few weeks ago, he's got a second interview set up in a few days. It would be a great opportunity and so we hope! Blair works so hard for us and we love him so much. We are so blessed to have him!
I continue on in my quest to figure out our little boy and our baby girl. Two kids has been eye opening for me and I have vowed never to pass judgment on any mother ever again! I feel so overwhelmed so much of the time. I love them both so much and I constantly find myself so grateful that I get to be home with them - that I get to watch them learn and grow. I love it, really. It's hard though. Sometimes I ache to be working again. With our situation being what it is I don't see a way that I could be at work without getting a babysitter. Both Blair and I have agreed that it isn't for us and so I am grateful that I feel grateful to be home with our kids. It is definitely an adventure and it is the hardest job I've ever had! When Blair has graduated and is working steadily I will probably look for work again, but until then I am trying desperately to just enjoy! Gavin and Lucy are amazing little people and they mean everything to us! How lucky am I that I get to be with them every single day??
Gavin Michael is a tease! He is teasing and joking and kidding all day long and sometimes it's really funny! And sometimes it's a little hard to get through. It's amazing though to see how his mind works and to see the funny little things he'll come up with. We love him and we wouldn't change a thing! He'll be starting pre-school this year and right now that thought makes me tear up. He is growing so fast. He is reading and writing. He puts his shoes on by himself, he gets a snack by himself. He goes potty by himself and pulls his pants up by himself. He goes to primary by himself! He is becoming so independent! I do love that he's a sunbeam now!
He really likes his teachers which is great. I am SO glad he didn't fight going into primary. His teachers said that he sat very quietly and just kind of, took in his surroundings. When he got home I asked him how it went and he said "It was good. We sang songs and went to TWO rooms and we did not get a snack!" 
Silly boy! We're so proud of him! He is awesome. He helps out so much around the house. He helps with Lucy. He is just helpful! He loves to play games! He is on a Sorry kick. We play probably 10 or more games of Sorry every day. He also loves Uno and if he gets tired of Sorry then it will surely be Uno that we play next! He still loves to read and color. He's starting to draw which is fun! I hope he'll love to draw and hopefully he'll be like Blair instead of me. My art skills are basically zero. He still loves to help us make smoothies every morning and he loves to help us bake! He loves his slide, his train, and as always his letters and numbers! He plays so well with kids his age and that is really comforting. He is such a good boy!
We found him like this this morning :-)
Oh how we love him!
Miss Lucy is the silliest goose! I finished quite a long update on her just today as a matter of fact :-) We love our sweet girl so much! She is eating well, she takes amazing naps (usually 3-4 hours) and goes to bed perfectly at 8:00 every night. She is sleeping through the night is better but still not great, we're working on it... She is a very happy girl! She loves her daddy! She is so excited when he comes home and just chants "da da da da da" until he comes to give her a hug and a kiss. I love it! She and Gavin play beautifully together sometimes, it gives me a lot of hope for the future! She definitely loves her big brother and wants to be where he is! Her hair is coming back in, thank goodness! We love to put bows and flowers in it - little girls are just so much fun! She crawls everywhere and pulls herself up on everything. She can now just stand up in the middle of the room without holding on to anything too. She's taken 6 steps! She is growing so fast! She has the most beautiful eyes and the sweetest smile. Her personality is coming out and we just love her more and more each day! She is a sweetheart!
I love this little grin! 
We have a lot to look forward to this year. This will be Blair's final two semesters before he starts the Masters program and we're very excited about that! We are hoping to take a trip somewhere, but that's as far as the planning for that has gone :-) This could very well be the last year that we get to have Blair home as much as do. I've been so spoiled! 
We sure love our little family!

1 comment:

The South Dakota Snow's said...

You were busy making these posts! Looks like the adventures continue. Keep smilin'.

Anniversary!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Background